Search the forum,

Discuss Walls or floors first in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
If possible I do walls first as you say why risk it, but sometimes not possible, I'm back on a wet room today that I started a couple of weeks ago, no choice but to do floor first, edging tile with skirt tile matching up, running against the main porc tile in half bond, all has to be perfectly centered, architect's house :confused:

J

J Sid

todays job, planks going up wall.
WP_20161114_07_59_54_Rich.jpg always floors first, easier to get joints lined up on walls

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Liverpool
If the joints need matching I tend to lay the floor first, protect it, then out the walls up as per Julian, find it easier matching everything this way. If not needing to match the joints I'll put the walls in one tile up of a batten, then floor, then put the bottom cut down onto the floor. No right or wrong in my eyes just different ways of doing things.

Reply to Walls or floors first in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement