Search the forum,

Discuss Wall okay to tile? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,

I was hoping for some confirmation my wall will be safe to tile please?

I'm tiling my bathroom wall, it's an old plasterboard wall which was previously wall papered.

I've just finished stripping the wall paper but when I was scraping it off the wall felt like it was moving a bit.

Is this okay for a wall to be tiled or is it not suitable to have all that weight on it?

Thanks for any response.

Reaction score
Thanks for your response bsc, do you know by any chance what the reasons could be or if there's a way I can do this myself as I'm seriously restricted cost wise so can't afford to get a tiler in.

For what it's worth I was scraping the wall pretty hard and it was only slightly shuddering.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Reply to Wall okay to tile? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen