Discuss Wall okay to tile? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,

I was hoping for some confirmation my wall will be safe to tile please?

I'm tiling my bathroom wall, it's an old plasterboard wall which was previously wall papered.

I've just finished stripping the wall paper but when I was scraping it off the wall felt like it was moving a bit.

Is this okay for a wall to be tiled or is it not suitable to have all that weight on it?

Thanks for any response.

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If the walls moving then dont tile onto it, you need to find out why its
moving and get it sorted before any tiling

Reaction score
Thanks for your response bsc, do you know by any chance what the reasons could be or if there's a way I can do this myself as I'm seriously restricted cost wise so can't afford to get a tiler in.

For what it's worth I was scraping the wall pretty hard and it was only slightly shuddering.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Reply to Wall okay to tile? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks