Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Vertical Brick Bond Advice in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

stussy

Hi Guys,

I've popped over from the plumbing forum. I'll be doing a bit of tiling in a bathroom for a friend of mine and he wants his wall tiles to set out in a vertical brick bond fashion. I've done a fair amount of tiling but have never had to do a vertical brick bond. My normal fashion is to batten out the room above the bath or tray and tile off that batten. How do I batten/or otherwise for a vertical brick bond?

Thanks in advance

U

Unused Account 1

Once you set it out ,put the first course from the floor to the ceiling ,keeping the tiles level vertical and horizontal using level ,then youve got the level ,the start next row using level to keep flat,

S

Spare Tool

Depends on the size of your tiles, did this one battened to the bottom tile then just a drywall screw to hold half tile in place..
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_7898831.jpg

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
That looks bizarre. Is that cut into the bath an optical illusion?? I'm not trying to fault your work in any way with that comment by the way, tiling looks good.

S

Spare Tool

You think that's bizarre, its in a hotel (and I'll just name drop was on grand designs ;)) one of the bathrooms had lime green brickbond butted up against orange..bet after 3 months he was like what the hell was I thinking :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Vertical Brick Bond Advice in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks