Search the forum,

Discuss Various bits of advice needed! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all

Am in the midst of redoing an en suite and have a couple of queries I could do with some advice on!

Have attached a picture below of my wall! Flooring is done using back buttered powder cement - all good I think! Am using the same cement (mapei Fast set) on the walls too.

Right hand side of picture is tiled onto aquapanel as inside shower enclosure... Lefthand side is toilet and cabinet.

As you can see it's painted with what I guess is either silk or bathroom paint.... Do I need to key score sand or remove ??

The plasterboard below is normal, primed 4:1 and tiled so again hopefully all OK... The other question is grout based... Have bought premixed - will that be OK for both areas or is there a reason i should use powdered grout??

Any advice much appreciated!

The white blob on the wall is where I stuck a random cutoff to test... It held pretty firm but on iously didn't bond with the plaster underneath probably more just the paint!!

FYI tiles are 30 x 20 x 9mm ceramic

Thanks in advance !

20181126_204059.jpg

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can I ask if this is your own ensuite?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Would be best to remove the painted plasterboard.
No need to prime the new plasterboard.

Reply to Various bits of advice needed! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen