Currently reading:
use mosaic fix adhesive ?

Discuss use mosaic fix adhesive ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fad

I am about to lay some mosaics ( 50mm X 50mm) approx. I understand that it would be easier to use mosaic fix as I wouldn't have to bother cleaning between the tiles if I used the same colour grout say white for example, is this correct ? If so does this work with other colours ? These are to laid on the toilet floor onto concrete. There is black adhesive left from lino tiles so I guess I would either scrape it off with a heat gun or cover with slc ?
Any ideas on this would be much appreciated.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You'll find the preperation is key to mosaic tiling. And you'll probably find a cheaper alternative to mosaic fix, in fact you certainly will. I'd checkout a few brands and take it from there.

Though make sure your surface is well prepared and smooth/flat. And use a grout float or something similar to 'tamp' the mosaics onto the adhesive. And be sure you're using a damp sponge from time to time to wipe over the tiles, and in the joints a little to get any access adhesive off. And that's with or without mosaic fix.

Post some pics when you're done please? We love pics, especially mosaics! :)

Reply to use mosaic fix adhesive ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.