Currently reading:
underfloor heating in kitchen.

Discuss underfloor heating in kitchen. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jwatson

The sub-floor is concrete throughout the whole ground floor. and is tiled with ceramic 300's. It is to be the primary heat source in the kitchen, so may go for a higher wattage??. we currently have a radiator but it is in the way really, we plan to take it out and replace that part of the kitchen with more units.

sorry electrical underfloor heating poss 200w?? not really sure.
last winter was quite cold in this house. asume the concrete conducts the cold right through.

U

Uheat - Keith

Underfloor heating at 200w/m2 is from our Conservatory range, but good to also use in Kitchens as you will lose some floor space to the Kitchen units.
Will be full heating (primary heat), depending upon the heating coverage of the total gross area, how well the dwelling is insulated and the heat loss figure for your gross area.
As over, 10mm insulation in the floor also.
The Heat loss figure for your area is about how each surface loses the heat: Floor surface, internal walls, external walls, doors and ceiling.
Very long winded calculation, but in general 200w/m2 is good for any Conservatory, so will be good for a Kitchen.
Warm regards, Keith.

Reply to underfloor heating in kitchen. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this notification but what was the out come at the end as I have just had a xylophone installed and...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.