Search the forum,

Discuss ufh screed and pricing issues in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

why tile

hi, i have taken on a job for a customer who is having 60 square meters of screed laid with piped ufh underneath, i will then tile with large format porcelain tiles.

now i know there are alot of myths about how long you have to leave the screed before you can tile on it and also what temp it has to be at.

what i want to know is when can i actually tile on it it, the floor will be preasure tested after the screed is laid.

also what would be a reasonable price to charge for a job of this size including adhesive etc, 60 square meters in brick bond.
i am asking this question as i always seem to be under quoting my jobs by a cosiderable margin.

all help with this would be much apreciated.

thanks
mark:thumbsup:

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The drying time would be affected by the thickness, let us know when you find out, it will be easier to give an estimate on time then.:thumbsup:

W

why tile

The drying time would be affected by the thickness, let us know when you find out, it will be easier to give an estimate on time then.:thumbsup:

ok i will ask the boys laying it on monday and get back to you,

now im off to a quite corner to talk about pricing.

thanks for your time.:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the drying time quoted the other day was 1mm per day? Somebody else said 65mm 4weeks? Double check though.

Reply to ufh screed and pricing issues in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen