Search the forum,

Discuss Trying to identify and find this tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Philip624

Not sure how well this pic will come out. the tile is 20x25, Matt, and has a slight stipple effect, the marble effect is a sort of washed out bluey grey colour.

The problem I have is that my bathroom is tiled on all walls but only half way, i.e from the middle of the wall to the ground. i would like to tile it completely but cannot find these tiles anywhere. I have tried Homebase, B&Q, Topps and Wickes. It was tiled by the previous owner, I dont know how long ago but I would guess it is under 10 years old going by the condition. I dont need any more of the border tiles.

I have tried seeing what plain white tiles above looks like but its not ideal. Rather than starting again or tiling over what we have I would like to be 100% sure the these tiles are not still available from somewhere.

Thanks

Philip

Attachments

• 100_5390.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 111
O

Olz

Bit of a long shot mate, but have you looked under the bath etc for a spare box of them??

Obviously a spare box wont be anywhere near enough for the entire room, but it would at least give you a name and manufacturer from the box to help your search. :thumbsup:

P

Philip624

theyre not too bad in the flesh, not our choiceor taste, but we are having a shower fitted so need to tile all the way up the wall as opposed to half way. Cant afford to re-do all the bathroom completely at this time so just want something to keep us going for the next 5 years or so until we replace the bath etc.

G

grumpygrouter

I think it is unlikely you will be able to find an exact match and if you did, in all probability the colour and actual tile size be different. Why don't you bite the bullet and choose a contrasting tile of roughly the same size and fit those instead. If it is only in the shower cubicle then it may well not look out of place.

G

GazTech

Choose a nice blue to match the border.....obviously this will not do if royalty are to visit, but ok if just temporary

C

cornish_crofter

I would advocate a lighter colour above the boarder. It will look more balanced.

Also, if you are having the whole bathroom done in a few years time, don't spend too much money now.

S

sWe

Heh, every major construction material chain over here sells those, in like five colours.

Reply to Trying to identify and find this tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen