Search the forum,

Discuss trim around sink splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

ryanbrown

When you have just a small area above a sink to tile with ceramics -
do you need to put plastic trim around all the three edges?

B

brummie tiler

depends on the kind of tile your using, if ceramics then i usually do. Some tiles look better without the trim though

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't really picture what you mean but if you're talking about sticking thick trim x 3 on a small cut then no, use something that doesn't look so harsh like silicone.

Generally you want to learn the art of siliconing because it can really make a standard job look rubbish-hot, and for areas such as your kitchen sink you'd automatically be thinking 'i'll get the gun out on this bit'.

If you're talking about tile trim then yes, you'll need to finish those edges off.

Reply to trim around sink splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen