Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom

CraigC

-
Reaction score
Hi All, out of curiosity how many days would it roughly take to lay 65sqm of 600x600x10 porcelain tiles. No complex corners. As a rough estimate how much to get it all done.

Reaction score
I am looking for 200 by day, no matter if there are dozens of sqm or only few snagging. Took me one day to rectify a wetroom slope from marble mosaic, for example.

If u say 1625 for 3 days, that's a nice rate! Some lawyers would love to earn this. How much warranty you offer?

CraigC

-
Reaction score
So some people here are wanting £540 a day just for labour?? How do you quantify that, what am I missing? I would have guessed £200-£250 for a good tiler to £300 is top end per day.

chas

TF
Reaction score
So some people here are wanting £540 a day just for labour?? How do you quantify that, what am I missing? I would have guessed £200-£250 for a good tiler to £300 is top end per day.
I guess most tilers would be content if they averaged somewhere around 250 a day every day. Thats not to say we can all get a job where you could earn maybe double but not every day 😂

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I am looking for 200 by day, no matter if there are dozens of sqm or only few snagging. Took me one day to rectify a wetroom slope from marble mosaic, for example.

If u say 1625 for 3 days, that's a nice rate! Some lawyers would love to earn this. How much warranty you offer?

I can't vouch for @aytiling but how do you not know he is throwing 3 tilers at it a day? he just mentioned a labour cost and how long...

Reaction score
I think some people may be looking at square metre rates and thinking we are on £500+ a day! Bottom line is for large floor areas if you can get a reasonable rate on the SQR MTR there is better money to be made BUT you are on your knees working so not something that can be done forever. I am grateful enough to be working right now and would drop my day rate a little if it meant getting the job. Will have to see how the rest of this year pans out. End of the day its down to what you are content with, but don't sell yourself short either. 👍🏻

D

Deleted member 56803

Hello, are you based in London?

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I often point out to people that whatever the day rate is I will only likely get around 60-70% in my pocket. After basic costs like tax, fuel, van, accountancy costs, xero subscription, liability insurance and several other costs it takes the wow factor away from that so called decent day rate. Bare in mind your customer probably also gets 4 weeks holiday pay. If you fancy holiday pay for 4 weeks off {20 days) at £160 a day then you're going to have to save £13 odd over the other 240 work days to pay for it. Often forgotten.

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock