Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on OSB floorwith SBR slurry, no backer. Will i get away with it in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
OK hear me out. Kitchen floor. Pro tiler.

15mm clearance from top of dishwasher to underside of worktop. Customer wants 900x900 tiles on floor.

Not enough height to overboard the OSB with BB and tile. Same with ditra etc. Customer doesn't want to pay for removal of OSB + replace w/ ditra or 12.5mm marmox. I could insist, but just keen for advice if anyone else has done this before.

You think i'll get away with giving the OSB a coat of SBR slurry and laying straight on it? Have done this before on a bathroom floor, 5yrs later its still mint. My gut feeling is it should be fine. Curious to hear reasons as to why it could fail if the board is waterproofed.

Cheers

Reaction score
thinking of doing the same. Cannot change floor at all. Height is set. 1 and half metre square metre. Very little movement. Joist are 75mm thick.Will it work.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The advice is that it isn’t a suitable substrate to tile directly to as it is a particle board, only you can decide and offer your’e guarantee it will not fail. Personally i would not touch it bit i understand your predicament.

Reply to Tiling on OSB floorwith SBR slurry, no backer. Will i get away with it in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen