Discuss Tiling new conservatory in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

MarKC

TF
Reaction score
We are building a 4x4m conservatory and the base is one from durabase.co.uk. It is made up of steel frame with beams running across then with 18mm MR chipboard screwed to the beams.
I will be screwing every 200mm to the beams to reduce any movement in the boards. Then laying cement boards over the top before tiling.

My question is, what type of adhesive do I need under the cement boards and also what type for fixing the tiles (300x300). Will I need flexible type ??

Thanks for your advice on this.

Mark

W

White Room

Under the cement board I use a single part flexible then use 25mm Turbo gold screws from Screwfix to hold the Hardie boards down..what tiles are they.

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Mark. I use rapid set flexible for all floors. But if you lay tiles your self and don't have much experience - go for non rapid flexible.

MarKC

TF
Reaction score
Whitebeam - tiles are ceramic

Tony73 - thanks, very experienced DIYer so will go with the rapid flex and mix in smaller batches.

S

steve187

as above non rapid single part flexi, suitability/colour to suit the tile being used, i would think about useing ply instaed of the chipboard, just belt and braces really

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Use non rapid, unless you are grouting same day or need to walk over them.
Gives you time, no matter how experienced you are in diy, some rapid does exactly what it says on the tin

Reply to Tiling new conservatory in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay