Search the forum,

Discuss tiling internal corners - butt join or align the edges in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi all,

I'm re-tiling a shower cubicle at the moment. I've finished the centre tiles on all walls, and now I'm about to tile into the internal corners using half cuts. When tiling in to internal corners, I would like to know whether it's best practice to overlap one of the tiles running into the corner (so one of the cut edges is hidden), or cut each so the expansion gap is 'mitred' instead ?

I can imagine that the 2nd option would look better (as long as I can do the cuts accurately enough ..), but the first option seems to have less 'void' behind the tiles for filling. Which is considered best ?

BTW, I've posted as a guest as I'm nearly done with the project, but I've read and learned loads from the forum posts in the past weeks and months to help me get this far - thanks to all the contributors

Simo

S

steve187

as sir ramic, but if you have left out all the cuts into the corners i hope the joints all line up.

U

Unregistered

I've spent twice as long prepping, setting out and levelling the battens than I have done sticking the tiles, so hopefully they'll line up correctly ( famous last words ...!)

I'll let you know how it goes once done.

Thanks again

U

Unregistered

apologies for a late reply - yes they did. I fitted the corner tiles yesterday and the corners lined up well. Hardest aspect of the job has been trying to maintain a good level across the front of the tiles, as the walls behind were uneven in places ...

Reply to tiling internal corners - butt join or align the edges in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen