Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling directly onto blockwork walls chimney breast in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi, their am a tiler working in co. antrim n. ireland and, this is my first post on this forum so any advice will be gratefully appreciated!

got a job coming up which might involve tiling directly onto blockwork depending on what is the best advised , its an internal chimney breast wall , where the client will be burning a fire most of the year!
can i tile directly onto the blocks, or do i need it plastered first?
my main concerns are that if i do tile straight onto the blockwork, with the heat their has to be alot of movement, and i dont want any cracked tiles, also what special sealer or primer is best to use on these porus walls?

cheers

Reply to Tiling directly onto blockwork walls chimney breast in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen