Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling a room diamond style advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jusser72

Hi guys not posted for a while but am going to tile a room in diamond pattern(floor) and was wondering what everyone thought would be the best way to set out. The room isnt square but its not far off, it does have a few nooks and crannies tho. Was thinking of chalk lining from corner to corner (all four) so i get more or less centre of the room and maybe working from there. Just wanted to check if anyone had any better ideas or if im best doing it this way.

D

diamondtiling

Set it out the way you have mentioned but work out where the first full tile will be and start from there, it might be best to dry lay it first and do all your cuts or at least do half of it.
What is the floor made up of?

:thumbsup:

J

jusser72

Concrete floor , just getting levelled tomorrow so all being well should be nice surface to work to.

S

Sean fsy

Theres a thread recently about laying diagonally, few diagrams on it etc. maybe worth a look.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Concrete floor , just getting levelled tomorrow so all being well should be nice surface to work to.

Just a thought, if you are marking corner to corner, make sure that where the lines meet is 90 deg angle, if not you'll have to find the centre do a 3 4 5 as close to each corner as possible to ensure you are exactly square.:thumbsup:

W

wildcard

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Might be stupid here but what do u mean by a 3 4 5 ?

I'll try and explain as clearly as possible - Draw 1 line from corner to corner and establish the centre of that line. Then from that point draw measure a distance of 30cm and mark that exactly on your line. You will need a compass or some means of striking an arc at 40cm and 50cm, perhaps a string with a pencil tied in one end or equivalent. Next, measure your string and pencil to 40cm and put the end of the string on your centre point and strike an arc roughly perpendicular to your already marked line. Next measure out your arc striker to 50cm and put the end on your 30cm mark and strike an arc cutting through your 40cm arc. Where these meet, draw a line with a straight edge from that point through the centre point, and you will have a perfect 90 degree angle. Then you can do this for the other side of the line if you wish to maintain accuracy on both sides. Hope that helps.:thumbsup:

Reply to Tiling a room diamond style advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen