Search the forum,

Discuss Tiles for an edwardian porch wanted in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

PeterVideo

I have an Edwardian house with an open porch area outside the front door - round here (north London) many of the houses of this type have tiles up the side of the walls inside - to left and right of the front door - typically they are 6 inches square and highly decorated and the top layer (which comes half way up the height of the door) has a curved off set of small tiles So far the few tiles of this sort I have seen have been horribly expensive - does anyone have an idea on how I source these tiles at a reasonable cost? I don't want original tiles.

Thanks
Peter

D

diamondtiling

Welcome to the forum,
Some of those tiles are very collectable, I saw a set at auction go for nearly £500. you need to get in touch with the reclamation yards and leave your details in case any come in. Hand made tile companies may be able to help you, they have patterns that were popular years ago but have now gone out of vogue so they will have samples that they no longer produce. You can get new tiles that look like the old style, the dado tile at the top is readily available at most tile shops.

:thumbsup:

P

Prem Tiler

Timeless John's fortay I'd of thought. He's been down here to a weeding the weekend but I'm sure he will be able to help once he logs on.

D

DHTiling

Check out Original style as well....Not sure if tile giant can get stock of them..

H

hillhead

No doubt timeless john is one of the experts on here for victorian work.he will advice you for sure and will be able to quote you for whatever.good luck with your search anyway and you've landed in a good place here.welcome.

P

PeterVideo

Re: Tiles for an edwardian porch -tiler wanted

Thanks to everyone who has offered help so far and it seems that 'Original style' may have the what I need. Wandering around the neighbourhood looking at the way original edwardian tiles have been laid out has given me a clue on how it may be done with their range. Since i live in London I need a locally based tiler to talk to - apart from the wall tiles i shall also need a floor tile path laid and the inside of the porch with a typical red and black design. Could anyone who is local to North London contact me via this forum.

Thanks

Peter Kidman

Reply to Tiles for an edwardian porch wanted in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen