Search the forum,

Discuss Tiler or Plumber that tanks a wet room? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Whos the training provider your usings awarding body because NOCN CSkills level diploma covers tanking in unit 098 preparing background surfaces not so sure about the City & Guilds level 2 without checking, but I know about the one above because I teach it

Reaction score
Hi Andy cheers for research on the course, it's the level 2 NOSN cskills diploma, I have read that tanking wet rooms us covered in the level 3 diploma but they don't offer that.

The training provider is chameleon school of construction, is that unit 098 you mention in the level 2 diploma? Maybe who ever told me wet room installation isn't covered is wrong, hopefully!

Thanks Adey I'll definitely look at that Schluter course along with this one I'm doing

Reaction score
To my knowledge nobody's offering a level 3 qualification at present because it's to expensive to deliver. looking on there website the tiling a wall unit end test missing also

Reaction score
Ah right, what should the end test unit involve? Surely they must deliver all units, or cskills wouldn't issue the qualification?

Hopefully it's a typo and theyve forgot to put it on the website. There is an online test and stuff throughout the course it says on the website it's called evolve or something like that.

Hopefully the level 2 will be enough then, I should be half decent after a years training, they say they get you out doing work experience too so maybe that could lead to employment

Reaction score
The qualification is a 50/50 course you have 7 theory end test & 7 practical timed end test all of which you must pass to gain the qualification ,the course I deliver is 3 days a week for 18 weeks & you must be in on benefits or pay for it yourself,in all its a start up qualification so yes definitely look for other forms of training offered by companies like ardex, bal,schluter,they all offer training .& Remember your never to old to learn m8

Reaction score
The qualification is a 50/50 course you have 7 theory end test & 7 practical timed end test all of which you must pass to gain the qualification ,the course I deliver is 3 days a week for 18 weeks & you must be in on benefits or pay for it yourself,in all its a start up qualification so yes definitely look for other forms of training offered by companies like ardex, bal,schluter,they all offer training .& Remember your never to old to learn m8

Hi Andy,

Sign up for a goodie bag at www.schluterandu.co.uk and once registered you can see the available dates for the courses. In addition the calendar also shows when were at trade events nationwide so a good opportunity to meet the consultant for your area.

Thanks, Carl.

Reply to Tiler or Plumber that tanks a wet room? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen