Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tilemaster grout 3000 new formula in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I am a quick grouter and washerofferer........
Got to be super human to use it....!

Is it a bird, is a plane...... it's super grout tom!

(Would insert a smile face here, but for some reason there not working for me, ... bloody forum).....sad face...

OP
J

J Sid

ok, hands up all those who use emulsifying pads.
I ask because my local tile shop never seems to sell many except to me

OP
D

Dumbo

ok, hands up all those who use emulsifying pads.
I ask because my local tile shop never seems to sell many except to me
I used them for a long time but dry for getting of grout haze as they glide over the face and don't drop in the grout line like a cloth

OP
J

J Sid

I tiled 17m2 of 600x600 porcelain today and grout in Weber. About 10mins to fill joints, loaded tools into van, load out 20m2 for tomorrow, had a good half hour listening to England take the windies apart in the cricket. About an hour after grouting I washed off with a white emulsifying pad which took about 20mins and no stress.

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I used old formula mid grey on 16 meters of polished porcelain 600x600 and grouted it all in one go no problem. Less grout lines and an easier surface to wash down but after a meter of the new stuff on planks I was getting nervous

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I think I will stick with Bal, this thread has put me right off trying it.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Me too!
But you look at the Bal Grout swatch, and the choice of colours is rather limited.

You only need one, gunmetal seems to work with everything at the moment.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Some of you lads who have been tile for years must be really really really slow for this grout to set before you have finished .
I can grout, and have done easily over 50m2 of tiles with new 3000 without it going off, I can easily grout a full bathroom without it setting on my Todd .
It says on the packet ‘mix it up every 5 mins to keep it workable’ (or something like that :) .
Just on another note, the job we are on, my young plastering apprentice , 19, is grouting 3 bathrooms a day (60m2) to a very good standard , and has really only just started grouting on this hotel job last month , so all I’m saying , is work a bit harder, a 19 year old apprentice plasterer is taking the Mick out of some time served tilers , how embarrassing :p :p :p :p :kissingheart:

OP
D

Dumbo

I'm finding I'm getting on better with ucp lately as I have changed my washing technique a little .

Reply to Tilemaster grout 3000 new formula in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock