• Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, the Tile Advice Forum. It's free to join if you'd like to register and ask a question should you not be able to search for your answers already. :)

Discuss Tilemaster grout 3000 new formula in the Tile Adhesive Advice | Buy Tile Adhesive Online area at TilersForums.com

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
I am a quick grouter and washerofferer........
Got to be super human to use it....!

Is it a bird, is a plane...... it's super grout tom!

(Would insert a smile face here, but for some reason there not working for me, ... bloody forum).....sad face...

JulianSidney

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
I tiled 17m2 of 600x600 porcelain today and grout in Weber. About 10mins to fill joints, loaded tools into van, load out 20m2 for tomorrow, had a good half hour listening to England take the windies apart in the cricket. About an hour after grouting I washed off with a white emulsifying pad which took about 20mins and no stress.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Reactions
I used old formula mid grey on 16 meters of polished porcelain 600x600 and grouted it all in one go no problem. Less grout lines and an easier surface to wash down but after a meter of the new stuff on planks I was getting nervous

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
I think I will stick with Bal, this thread has put me right off trying it.

widler

TF
Arms
Reactions
Some of you lads who have been tiling for years must be really really really slow for this grout to set before you have finished .
I can grout, and have done easily over 50m2 of tiles with new 3000 without it going off, I can easily grout a full bathroom without it setting on my Todd .
It says on the packet ‘mix it up every 5 mins to keep it workable’ (or something like that :) .
Just on another note, the job we are on, my young plastering apprentice , 19, is grouting 3 bathrooms a day (60m2) to a very good standard , and has really only just started grouting on this hotel job last month , so all I’m saying , is work a bit harder, a 19 year old apprentice plasterer is taking the Mick out of some time served tilers , how embarrassing :p :p :p :p :kissingheart:

Localtiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've not used emulsifying pads on cement based grout ever I don't think.

widler

TF
Arms
Reactions
Emulsifying pads are a good idea ,be great on fast setting stuff .
Ive used them for a final wipe-down when dry, to get rid of dust, but never wet

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
I
Some of you lads who have been tiling for years must be really really really slow for this grout to set before you have finished .
I can grout, and have done easily over 50m2 of tiles with new 3000 without it going off, I can easily grout a full bathroom without it setting on my Todd .
It says on the packet ‘mix it up every 5 mins to keep it workable’ (or something like that :) .
Just on another note, the job we are on, my young plastering apprentice , 19, is grouting 3 bathrooms a day (60m2) to a very good standard , and has really only just started grouting on this hotel job last month , so all I’m saying , is work a bit harder, a 19 year old apprentice plasterer is taking the Mick out of some time served tilers , how embarrassing :p :p :p :p :kissingheart:
WOW.....Wish I was as good as you....

And there's me thinking you were just a common plasterer.....:cool:

widler

TF
Arms
Reactions
I

WOW.....Wish I was as good as you....

And there's me thinking you were just a common plasterer.....:cool:
Im not on about me andy to be honest, and i certainly aint bragging ,its the 19 year old lad who has only just started grouting doing 60m2 in a day , and being done by 3 ;) i find interesting . i find grouting boring snd want it over with asap, so the old tilemaster grout was a mare for me on porcelain

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
Im not on about me andy to be honest, and i certainly aint bragging ,its the 19 year old lad who has only just started grouting doing 60m2 in a day , and being done by 3 ;) i find interesting . i find grouting boring snd want it over with asap, so the old tilemaster grout was a mare for me on porcelain
And like I said......the new grout is great for porcelain, especially large format...

Now, go grout 50m2 of Metro's, ceramics or small textured planks.........then come back and say how great it is....

widler

TF
Arms
Reactions
And like I said......the new grout is great for porcelain, especially large format...

Now, go grout 50m2 of Metro's, ceramics or small textured planks.........then come back and say how great it is....
Erm,I would do that in a breath , did a 25m2 one the other month in Charcoal , about half hour, had a brew and a rubbish half way through ;)
I’m not bragging, Im just obviously used to hard work for a few hours, where some of you lot want £600 a day for grouting 6m2 and having 6 half hour brews.
I have morals, good jobs, for good money and make sure they get a good days graft out of me :oops: :thumbsup: ;)

widler

TF
Arms
Reactions
Obviously I hit the nerves of a few ‘tilers’ on here, always have, not being time a time served tiler (not many in the country to be honest) but I’m pretty fast and pretty decent,never had a complaint, and earn decent money .
and obviously i train my lads to be fast and good at their jobs, as I always get good responses from the lads who work for me .
And Bloody hell lads, no need to be jealous , we all work at different speeds , but if you can’t use a fast set grout (not that fast) you must enjoy that kip in the van at brew,lunch and afternoon brew ;) ;)
Ps I’m not going away now until end of July for a week, then obviously my few weeks end of August as well, then maybe one in October , grout fast, have good holidays boys, that’s my motto :p

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
And you can stick to Facebook....

With all the other......look at me tilers, I can 50m2 in an hour, bullsh1 ters :D

O

One Day

Somebody please book these two a room...:rolleyes:
I'm feeling a bit queasy.

Reply to Tilemaster grout 3000 new formula in the Tile Adhesive Advice | Buy Tile Adhesive Online area at TilersForums.com

Which adhesive did you use most this year?

• Tilemaster

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Mapei

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Ultra

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Weber

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Bal

• Kerakoll

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Ardex

• Rocotex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palace

• Granfix

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Sovereign

• Dunlop

• Laticrete

• Bostick

• Norcross

• Larsen

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Isomat

• Biscem

• Profix

• PCI

• Benfer

• Brit Adhesive

• Python

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Butech

Find a Tiler (New Entries)

Top Bottom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks