Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tilemaster grout 3000 new formula in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
G

GoneGuy

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I’m going to be using it on my next job.

OP
Q

Qwerty

Used it again last week on ceramics. Only 6m2 in a cloakroom but it was hard work. Excess grout had gone off rock hard in the bucket before I had finished the final wipe down

OP
O

On one

Used 3000 pure white yesterday on rough 3/4 mm wall tiles on kitchen splash backs 4sq mts in 4 areas all in 1 hit - all grouted and washed of within the hour and 2nd clean wipe down on dry joint before I left 3 hours later.
Good-great stuff!
3/4 mm .....nearly wide grout territory then!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Certainly easier to use on porcelain tiles.

Still find you have a VERY limited window to allowing it dry enough to washing it off the tile, and smooth the grout joint, before it fully drys...

It's the kind of grout that can catch you out by just taking a phone call !!

Still think it's un-useble on ceramics...

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Used the new formula in light grey today on 36m2 of porcelain textured planks and it didn't go down too well. Even on Porcelain it was going off to quick, once i had done a meter it was starting go off pretty soon and i would usually do a good few more before i would even wash down. added an extra couple hours to the job that usual.

I'm team Andy on this one, my usual go to grout is terrible now, certainly not looking forward to using it on beveled metros which i have lined up :(

OP
B

Bill

I like that it 'goes' off quick.... to me that is what a grout should do.

Have any of you guys (or gals) left it for an hour on porcs?......... it still washes off, granted you have to scrub a bit harder but the finish is perfect.

My feeling is that too many tilers wash their grout off too soon and this creates problems, especially with shading and effervescence problems.

Try leaving it longer.

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

3 different colours in a shower room today !
Black on floor.
Dark grey on metallic feature wall.
Pure white on rest 900x300mm tiles.
We will see how fast it goes off - although I may leave it for others to do. :cool:

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I left ft it for most around 25/30 minutes on wood grain textured planks and it was a hell of a job cleaning it off them, had to go back over them a few times to get it all out. Granted they had a texture to them but i wouldn't leave it for an hour

OP
F

Flintstone

Have you been mixing it correctly with a whisk then leaving to rest before mixing again ?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is the bit I don't get......

You say leave it for an hour then wipe it off.
In an hour you can probably grout around 25 to 30 m2 of porcelain tiles, you then go back to wipe it off, the first 10m2 or so is perfect, then the rest is rock solid, you don't have enough time.

So what do you do grout 10m2 in 15 minutes then sit on your arse for 45 minutes waiting for it to go off, then wipe it..
Seems like a massive waste of time to me !!

And on planks and Metro's it's un-useble to use.......and there two of the most common tiles about at the moment...!

OP
B

Bill

This is the bit I don't get......

You say leave it for an hour then wipe it off.
In an hour you can probably grout around 25 to 30 m2 of porcelain tiles, you then go back to wipe it off, the first 10m2 or so is perfect, then the rest is rock solid, you don't have enough time.

So what do you do grout 10m2 in 15 minutes then sit on your arse for 45 minutes waiting for it to go off, then wipe it..
Seems like a massive waste of time to me !!

And on planks and Metro's it's un-useble to use.......and there two of the most common tiles about at the moment...!
I am a quick grouter and washerofferer........

Reply to Tilemaster grout 3000 new formula in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock