Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tilemaster grout 3000 new formula in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
F

Flintstone

I've used if on metros Andy and I found it fine, I grouted a full wall and then went back to wash off no problem. The two forumulas are not mixable so that would cause some confusion. Also there are 14 colours aren't there ? Nobody is gonna stock 24 different bags of grout

OP
B

Bill

I used it again yesterday..... I just altered my working practice and instead of grouting a whole bathroom, I now do one wall at a time before I wash it off....... Oh and follow the instructions on remixing/stirring too.

OP
H

hmtiling

Not used it yet but heard mixed reports from guys here. If it's faster than ucp then metros in summer will be an issue

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've used if on metros Andy and I found it fine, I grouted a full wall and then went back to wash off no problem. The two forumulas are not mixable so that would cause some confusion. Also there are 14 colours aren't there ? Nobody is gonna stock 24 different bags of grout
How big was the wall.....2ft X 2 ft...:)

OP
D

Dumbo

I but bear with the rapid sets and mapei ucp in particular is if mixed as per instructions it's like a slurry but the transition period from that to very firm grout (un workable ) is very short . So you can on a cold day wait for ages for it to go and then all of a sudden it's game over .

OP
W

WetSaw

I wouldn't worry about summer, you had one last year so you're unlikely to have one this year.

OP
O

On one

I've used the old and the new formula Grout 3000 recently.......
Why anyone would want to muck about with the best/user friendly grout around defies me.
When the warm(er) weather arrives, it will get to the stage where you will have to mix numerous different batches per bathroom,because it sets in the bucket so fast(not so user friendly).....2mm joints on ceramics on a hot summers day...... forget it!
Also why this fascination with grout manufacturers wanting to make standard wall/floor grouts that will do from 1mm joints up to 20mm joints??.......a one bag covers all???.......
''For that reason, I'm out''

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've gone back to bal grouts....and I hate them as well.......just not as much as 3000.

Have I mentioned they have ruined a perfectly grout ??

mma

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I used Dunlop GX 500 mist grey grout last week, much happier using that than grout 3000 and Weber. Got it from Selco, think it was around ÂŁ15 for a 10kg bag :thumbsup:

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

Used 3000 pure white yesterday on rough 3/4 mm wall tiles on kitchen splash backs 4sq mts in 4 areas all in 1 hit - all grouted and washed of within the hour and 2nd clean wipe down on dry joint before I left 3 hours later.
Good-great stuff!

Reply to Tilemaster grout 3000 new formula in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock