Discuss Tilemaster Anti-fracture matting. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

roadking

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys, just wondered what's your assessment of the Tilemaster anti-fracture matting ?
Have been using it all week and have found it horrible to use as opposed to ditra. Anyone found an easy way to fit it ? Ditra is so much easier to use and lay as its got more flexability.
The Tilemaster is quite difficult to lay as its just like carpet underlay and when you kneel on it to fit tiles it just slides under your knees.... Whats your thoughts guys ?
Cheers.

B

Blunt Tool

Same same but with Mapei WP200 mat! Had to lay it with flexi fast set and wait till it dried before going back on it and took ages!

B

Blunt Tool

Durabase and Ditra so much better and can go on it more or less straight away, the BAL mat isn't too bad either

T

Time's Ran Out

They are different products though - anti fracture and uncoupling!
For the anti fracture the Bal is good.

D

Dumbo

I don't like the stretchiness of the tile master . Used bal and codex but prefer ditra and durabase and I know different products but if customer doesn't get all worked up about build up they are the ones I go for .

O

One Day

I don't like the stretching of the tilemaster one either, plus it seems to rub away working on it. I'll bet it's a very effective product though.
If it's slipping and wrinkling while the adhesives wet, maybe you're putting too much adhesive under there?!

roadking

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I know what you're saying Impish about it slipping underfoot but the biggest problem i'm finding is actually laying it, as its so flexible and floppy you can only cut in in smallish lengths to keep control of it and not let in drop in the adhesive that you've already spread....

O

One Day

I know what you're saying Impish about it slipping underfoot but the biggest problem i'm finding is actually laying it, as its so flexible and floppy you can only cut in in smallish lengths to keep control of it and not let in drop in the adhesive that you've already spread....

You really need to plan ahead as much you can and just roll it into the adhesive. Not always possible I know, and with TM membrane it can get really messy!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The trick I found with the TM mat is to get the first roll down straight. I cut to length and then roll back up as tightly as possible, get the addy down (3-4mm notched) and then slowly lay down next roll. I use a weighted roller similar to what Karndean floor layers use. I try to butt the rolls as they are laid.

I get what you mean about it moving so I always try to work back out of a room so you have neither tools, tubs or indeed yourself on the mat at any point if possible.

B

Blunt Tool

The trick I found with the TM mat is to get the first roll down straight. I cut to length and then roll back up as tightly as possible, get the addy down (3-4mm notched) and then slowly lay down next roll. I use a weighted roller similar to what Karndean floor layers use. I try to butt the rolls as they are laid.

I get what you mean about it moving so I always try to work back out of a room so you have neither tools, tubs or indeed yourself on the mat at any point if possible.
So leave to dry? As I did with Mapei wp200 mat

F

Flintstone

I find the tilemaster mat ok, not had it slipping under me, you leave an imprint in it where your feet go, and as impish said you can wear away the fleece but it's not the end of the world

Reply to Tilemaster Anti-fracture matting. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22