Discuss Tile Cutters With A Difference. in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

festool make a plunge angle grinder that runs on the track

Is this it?
Diamond cutting system DSC-AG 125 FH-Plus 769954

Looks impressive I must say, I'd like something larger tho.
I have Rubi's TC180 and I'm very happy with it, it has its limitations tho, the main problems being insufficient dust extraction and no mitre facility.

I want something that can do this
image.jpg

image.jpg

For reasons I won't bore u with (not my floor tho) I was brought in to repair this floor, and part of that process was expose a broken UFH cable.
I managed to do most of the cut lines with my Rubi TC 180 and the depth gauge worked well but took time to set it accurately.
However, because it wasn't at full cut depth the shroud was not in the down position because it rises and falls with the blade.
This caused an enormous amount of dust that I couldn't control and this was a extremely valuable lived in property in Fulham, not ideal!
The rest I did with my Flex and dust extraction hose held separately, again not ideal, whilst the dust extraction was more successful I couldn't risk plunging too deep!
So I want something that will do the job, it needs next to perfect dust extraction, which can be accomplished with a fixed shroud, and something with millimetre perfect cut adjustment!

I don't think that's too much to ask for, do you? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

stone tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/worx-400w-worxsaw-easyplunge-304923

I use this for doing exactly what you mention. Cutting in to fitted tiles with no mess. It has a depth gauge and a hose for a hoover to help dust extraction. Because of the small blade it doesn't kick up much dust and you can get it into corners.
I know its a gimicky tool for DIYer's but they last about a year or so and for the money it cant be beat. You might even get lucky and they have them on sale. The last 2 I bought were £55 each. Total bargain!!

O

Old Mod

Thanks for that!
What about the blades, are they easy to source?
Can u get blades suitable for Porc's?
Thanks again!

stone tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
They come with a diamond rim blade and I've never had to replace one yet. The saw gives out/starts to get noisy and wobble abit way before the blade goes in my experience.
It sounds cheeky but at £80 quid or so I just add the cost of a new machine on to the job quote incase I burn it out mid way through.

O

Old Mod

Excellent, thank you!
....oh I don't think it's cheeky at all!
I do that all the time, if I need a piece of kit specific to that job I'll often incorporate it in to the price, (within reason of course) and often the client is aware.
I'll keep my eye out for their next sale! :)
Cheers.

C

Concrete guy

FLEX do a CS60 Wet saw, which can be used dry and also has a Mitre facility and runs on a track.

We also produce Porcelain, Quartz and Granite Blades to fit on the Festool TS55 or Flex CSE 55T plunge track saws - the plunge saws are designed for dry use and have extraction shrouds.

If anyone has any questions or wants specs, just ask, but I can't provide links to our own website as it would breach forum etiquette.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
FLEX do a CS60 Wet saw, which can be used dry and also has a Mitre facility and runs on a track.

We also produce Porcelain, Quartz and Granite Blades to fit on the Festool TS55 or Flex CSE 55T plunge track saws - the plunge saws are designed for dry use and have extraction shrouds.

If anyone has any questions or wants specs, just ask, but I can't provide links to our own website as it would breach forum etiquette.
You want to stop being a tight arse and sponsor the place then. ;-)

C

Concrete guy

Send me some details Dan, I'll pass them over to Paul (my business partner) he's the "marketing team", I'm the technical geek.

S

stefano

Hi, I'm interesting in the granite blades to fit on Festool TS55. Thanks

Reply to Tile Cutters With A Difference. in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks