Search the forum,

Discuss Tile backer boards onto Thermalites in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondering the correct procedure for fixing 12mm cement backer boards onto Thermalite blocks (assuming this is acceptable) . I'm thinking glue and screw using cement based adhesive?

D

Dumbo

I think marmox recommend . Drill holes in board at 300 mm centres place dots of adhesive on holes .fix board to wall and when adhesive has gone of drill through dots of adhesive into wall and fix using a spanker dowel . I have done this and been back to site to do another job and their are no issues with this .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I've only ever used marmox type boards in this situation. Fixing method exactly as above - holes every 300mm, adhesive dabs behind each hole then when dry mechanical fixing through the dabs using spanker dowels. Does it have to be hardie?

Reaction score
I did have a job last year where the builder had d&d aquapanel to the wall using plasterboard adhesive. It fell off the wall the next day. Luckily I hadn't got round to that room yet!

O

One Day

Spankers ok in Thermolite or would you be better off with resin anchors or at least specific plugs? o_O

Reply to Tile backer boards onto Thermalites in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen