Search the forum,

Discuss those that think they can in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

L & R CERAMICS

ive just rectified another en-suite in liverpool, basically the kid that done it couldnt keep his lines equal on the walls, level wise so you could join the floor tiles up to the walls as the floor tiles were the same size as the wall tiles,fortunately i only had to remove all the shower cubicle tiles to put it right ,were does it end!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

L

L & R CERAMICS

well apparently hed told the customer hed been in the game for five years or so,the customer asked me to call and have a look so i did,she said he looked about 18 years old,do they show you how to do this type of setup on one of these courses devo

L

L & R CERAMICS

admin told me off the otherday so ive got to watch what i say ,no bad language he/she said

D

DevonR

If your talking about a wonky one then no. :cool:

I was shown how to find the highs and lows of the room (for run offs) and how to lay the room out for cuts etc yes (BS approved way), I know the other tiling forum don't like this process discussed and keep it hush hush. The use of a datum line and we also covered the use of battons too. It's also imprtant to check with a level now and again to ensure your not running off.

I suppose the positive to it was you ended up making money on his botched job and will be recomended by your customer nowas a reliable resource. So it can't all be bad.

L

L & R CERAMICS

look devo the issue isnt with for day tilers ,i know you wont pick it up overnight but its more the qualification side that gets me,you suggest its good for me for recommendations in the future but thats not the point ,the kid shouldnt have taken it on as i said she wanted it all to join up like a 3d picture you know what im talking about fella and no im not gonna swear at you

D

DevonR

No I think we agree on the fact that they shouldn't undertake the work if they can't do it to a high standard. I hear exactly what your saying and I'm not trying to wind you up.
There are always going to be these idiots though that rip people off and work sub standard, some of them will inevitably have years and years of experience as well as some of them being young or inexperienced. It's the same in any job unfortunately.
I think that's the reason why professionals shouldn't drop their prices to compete. Yes you may get more work but you compromise yourself and your work too. Customers will (to their expense) discover that you get what you pay for. So you pay peanuts and you get monkeys.
I know the point isn't that you pick up the pieces afterwards either, I was just trying to find a positive. These people are taking your work by undercutting your quotes but in the end who is it that has the last laugh?

And I knew you wouldn't swear at me :p.

Reply to those that think they can in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen