Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss This is what I deal with! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Pebbs

Sometimes Im just the filling in the sandwich, if Im not fighting with clients, Im fighting with suppliers, as is the case at present, I had a load of stone damaged, and am now getting a contra-charge from the client. So I have to pass it down the line. This is what I recieved back today from the supplier, I was fuming when I first read it but then had to laugh. Im dealing with nutcases I swear.

Regardless of what any third party may say, this delivery of stone was not acceptable, and you were informed of this, and the supplier should have been informed accordingly of our dis-satisfaction. Accordingly I will be looking for a credit on the Pietra Serena.
Are you mad?? You don’t understand ether you give us the material back or you pay for it, that’s how it works, you can even tell me that the material has evaporated, it was delivered to you, fitted and you will pay.

So then I fired another response off...(cos I was more than a bit annoyed!) this is part of the response I got back.

You were advised of all the problems at the time of the deliveries and no one from your company visited site to attempt to rectify them. You were both fully aware of the disaster of stone arriving broken, chipped, marked and not cut to size.
Yes you have informed us that some pieces had to be re-cut, in which we did re cut and replace this pieces free of charge. The stone was packed perfect, you prove it was not.

Aww dear I love a good photo.... ok who's been chewing the stone...oh that must have been me in a mad moment on site!

image (13).jpg image (4).jpg

U

user123

Ok, Pebbs-sweetie, it's late and I might be a bit dense right now, but you are saying the supplier wrote - which bit?

U

user123

The red bits Gisele! lmao!

WELL :lol: I just didn't think any supplier would be talking like that! It was more like you talk... :lol: sorry... but wow... do you know each other personally? It sounds so .. well, too familiar somehow..

P

Pebbs

I wouldnt be using them again either Dave but I got other stone already in production and its too late to cancel it.

I got a bit of a war going on...heres another bit

The packing of the stone was disgraceful, and no packing lists resulted in every crate having to be re-sorted at our expense. You seriously expect me to qc 7 tonnes of stone on site? Dream on!
The packaging of the stone supplied and accepted by you and fitted, was indeed well packed. The stone that was later delivered for the lift lobby, this yes was not well packed and this it was the pallet that was rejected by you. But you could have made good.

I love my work!

Pebbs

W

White Room

In the present climate I would have thought they would have been looking after there customers, perhaps they need to evaporate...

P

Pebbs

We do have a good working relationship most of the time Gisele, but when things go wrong on this scale they go very wrong, and the financial implications are frightening. If someone makes a mistake just hold your hands up, but they think everything is ok, and it seriously is not.

Lynn

U

user123

We do have a good working relationship most of the time Gisele, but when things go wrong on this scale they go very wrong, and the financial implications are frightening. If someone makes a mistake just hold your hands up, but they think everything is ok, and it seriously is not.

Lynn

Ah, that's how I picked up on the familiarity then ... the 'are you mad' bit and the evaporate bit and all, almost as if he/she was having a laugh, enjoying themselves somehow... blimey... so what happens next?
Oh, and as a ps - I got that commission progress pic up in the 'show us your work thread', the one I told you about on the phone.. nearly done..)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to This is what I deal with! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks