Search the forum,

Discuss This is funny... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Its very quick, but made me laugh. :lol:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFCCFS_lhA8]YouTube - Blonde goes back to work after 30 years[/ame]

S

SandyFloor

Strong woman...:lol: :lol:

I can remember the old Underwood typewriters and you had to be as strong as that to use one. This is similar to the one we had about the house when I was a kid. Typists in those days must have had strong fingers not like us sissies with our computers

underwood5small.jpg

M

mikethetile

I can remember the old Underwood typewriters and you had to be as strong as that to use one. This is similar to the one we had about the house when I was a kid. Typists in those days must have had strong fingers not like us sissies with our computers

underwood5small.jpg
ive just dumped one like that as im fed up moving it around the shed

S

SandyFloor

Mike, those are being bought up by collectors for hundreds of pounds any condition

Nah, not really though some are quite valuable.:lol:

M

mikethetile

their worth about £80 to a collector

I bought it in a job lot of house clearance stuff at auction . paid around 20 sobs for half a van load of tat about 5 years ago

it was in the shop for about 12 months and then went into the lockup for another couple of years , then went on ebay and didnt sell so I took it home , stripped cleaned and rebuilt it , still didnt sell on ebay so it sat in the shed and I turfed it in a skip last week, sick of the sight of it, it was made in 1911 and even had a working ribbon in it and no scratches to the transfers, all the letters were on the keys and hadnt been worn down

ive got so much stock sitting around from when I left the shop and i was renting storage to keep it so last weekend I took a circular saw to some lovely oak furniture to make fire wood for the winter

ive still got tons left but cant sell it , ive reduced three lock ups to two and now I need to reduce two to one

so if anyones looking for antiques I may well have what you want

Reply to This is funny... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen