Search the forum,

Discuss Things that never happen! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jamie B

Just came in from a day in a private school fixing acres of 6" white ceramic on dead flat walls with excellent preperation!
Makes you realise a) How much time is wasted/spent making good surfaces so you can get the job done!
b) How massive all tiles are nowadays..I reckon It's literally years since I fixed 6" (took me back to the old days..using string not spacers..absolutely flew up!!)
c) How lovely it is to have a great day at work!!

Happy saturday..now where's that pint?...ahhhh:8:

T

Time's Ran Out

Its funny you should say this - I spent 3+ hours with a customer a couple of weeks ago designing a Travertine shower/en suite. Vertical borders, reduced size tiles to form panels etc.
They also wanted a quote on a Johnsons big plain Sahara tile with horizontal stone border which was their original choice before I thought I should show them something special.
They went for the Johnsons tiles onto the best plasterboarded walls we have had for a long time and instead of 5 days work we were finished and paid in 3.
I reckon it was more profitable - if not as enjoyable - but it has meant I've got an extra 2 days to fit something else in!

Timeless John.:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Things that never happen! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.