Search the forum,

Discuss Things that never happen! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jamie B

Just came in from a day in a private school fixing acres of 6" white ceramic on dead flat walls with excellent preperation!
Makes you realise a) How much time is wasted/spent making good surfaces so you can get the job done!
b) How massive all tiles are nowadays..I reckon It's literally years since I fixed 6" (took me back to the old days..using string not spacers..absolutely flew up!!)
c) How lovely it is to have a great day at work!!

Happy saturday..now where's that pint?...ahhhh:8:

S

smac74

They are good jobs for putting on big meterage in a day - you can earn good money :8:

T

Time's Ran Out

Its funny you should say this - I spent 3+ hours with a customer a couple of weeks ago designing a Travertine shower/en suite. Vertical borders, reduced size tiles to form panels etc.
They also wanted a quote on a Johnsons big plain Sahara tile with horizontal stone border which was their original choice before I thought I should show them something special.
They went for the Johnsons tiles onto the best plasterboarded walls we have had for a long time and instead of 5 days work we were finished and paid in 3.
I reckon it was more profitable - if not as enjoyable - but it has meant I've got an extra 2 days to fit something else in!

Timeless John.:smilewinkgrin:

J

jamie B

Yeah, that's what I mean..every now and then it can go like a charm and you feel like you've clawed something back!:hurray:
and when it's prepared well even if the meterage price isn't brilliant you can earn by quantity fixed...I could live with one of those a week

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Things that never happen! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen