Search the forum,

Discuss They are paying HOW MUCH ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

Mate of mine ( a tiler ) from Blackburn phoned me today to tell me he was going to look at a job for a Housing Association. Basically involves re tiling 150 bathrooms. Only small areas to be tiled around 5 metres, customers living in houses, so would mean a lot of shifting your tools, sheeting up and setting up & clearing up each day as you would need to do 2 a day to make it worthwhile.

They are paying £16 a metre labour only. Basic ceramic tiling. Told him I would not get out of bed and scratch my backside for that.
He also said that the company had got rid of the previous tiler because his work was not up to scratch.
Think they need one of these to do their tiling because that is all they will get for that price !!!

Attachments

• 2367593794_1d93d9c4f7.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 15
W

White Room

Found also that housing association even check the work when finished and during the job, there looking for good standard:yikes:

L

Leatherface

Found also that housing association even check the work when finished and during the job, there looking for good standard:yikes:

They ought to phone Michael Jackson to see if Bubbles the chimp wants a job !

M

mikethetile

thats about the strength of it, ive done loads of ha work and the prices have just got so silly i packed it in

£22 to supply, fit and decorate an internal door inc hardware

£24 to supply and fit a pr of bath taps

and lots more prices like that

i pointed out that these prices were for void work where you are on site doing a series of jobs, not travelling from house to house, but they wouldnt have it and i came off the list

the problem is that there are firms out there that will accept those prices and make up the losses on the spot priced extras

thers no point them complaining about standard of work when they set rates like that, i used to work late so that i could produce a dayrate at my standards not throwing things together to meet their schedules, when they cut rates yet again i chucked it in

why should i work long hours just because i have pride in my work and not get paid for it, i decided i was too good for that and went back into private clients, best move i made

rant over..............bring on the monkies

B

brundlefly

building near me offering 12.50 for same type of work

just had a mate ring me about tiling work in London 8.00 for walls 9.00 for floors, 300 x 600 porcelain minus tax & pay your own diggs

its getting very scary ive had no work for 3 weeks , did my last pool in
mosaics for 25.00 just to get the job

Last edited by a moderator:

lucius

TF
Reaction score
Just as bad here in Spain ive done nothing for two and a half months and when you consider i do other things as well as tiling thats pretty bad, had plenty of worked lined up after Xmas but every one has just pulled the plug out because of the exchange rate, and the rate at which Brits are packing up and going back to the U.K. their wont be any clients left. Another problem is that their are so many Spanish builders on the dole working ridicously cheap to top up their dole money you just cant compete but i suppose you cant moan at that one it is their country.
Lucius.

Reply to They are paying HOW MUCH ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen