Search the forum,

Discuss The best mixing tubs? in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

For ages I've used mixing tubs from anywhere, the generic sort. Can anyone recommend one that's durable for the long term. The handles always break after a month or two and I nearly came a cropper last time. I don't want to risk that carrying a bucket of slc up some ones stairs. Are the Rubi ones any good ?

Q

Qwerty

I use Gorilla tubs for everything. Got the smallest right up to the monster sized for levelling

Q

Qwerty

They dont appear to weaken at the handles and do appear to last longer. I gave a couple of my old ones to my wife for the gardening a couple of years ago and she has since bought some cheap copies. They are stored in the shed (often left out in all weather) and the copies have all broken whereas the gorillas are still going strong

S

Spare Tool

Gorilla tubs are good n last, the blue Jewson ones are also strong and durable, like you say generally the handles that go first on the B&Q jobbies..

B

Blunt Tool

0F297B7D-C3C5-4011-B64B-2DFDE4E3ACAA.jpeg I use plasterers buckets nice and strong
Refina Mixing Bucket 1,2,3 & 4 bag buckets | eBay - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F292095747353

D

Dumbo

Somebody said to me years ago with the gorilla type tubs it depends on the handle positioning . Some handles go up online with the tub ,these are better . Some handles poke out to the side, these are not so good because as you lift them you bend the top of the bucket which eventually leads to premature breakage .

Reply to The best mixing tubs? in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen