Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss The best mixing tubs? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

F

Flintstone

Please checkout the following advertisement.
For ages I've used mixing tubs from anywhere, the generic sort. Can anyone recommend one that's durable for the long term. The handles always break after a month or two and I nearly came a cropper last time. I don't want to risk that carrying a bucket of slc up some ones stairs. Are the Rubi ones any good ?

OP
Q

Qwerty

I use Gorilla tubs for everything. Got the smallest right up to the monster sized for levelling

OP
Q

Qwerty

They dont appear to weaken at the handles and do appear to last longer. I gave a couple of my old ones to my wife for the gardening a couple of years ago and she has since bought some cheap copies. They are stored in the shed (often left out in all weather) and the copies have all broken whereas the gorillas are still going strong

OP
S

Spare Tool

Gorilla tubs are good n last, the blue Jewson ones are also strong and durable, like you say generally the handles that go first on the B&Q jobbies..

OP
B

Blunt Tool

0F297B7D-C3C5-4011-B64B-2DFDE4E3ACAA.jpeg I use plasterers buckets nice and strong
Refina Mixing Bucket 1,2,3 & 4 bag buckets | eBay - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F292095747353

OP
D

Dumbo

Somebody said to me years ago with the gorilla type tubs it depends on the handle positioning . Some handles go up online with the tub ,these are better . Some handles poke out to the side, these are not so good because as you lift them you bend the top of the bucket which eventually leads to premature breakage .

Reply to The best mixing tubs? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock