Search the forum,

Discuss Thank You - Thank You - Thank You ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have been looking for a new cutter for a while now for cutting 600 x 300 tiles which seem to be very 'Normal' now - I have used a Rubi TS 50 Plus for most of my work so far and it has never let me down so I was looking at a TX-700-N and I have borrowed one a couple of times but I did smash the tiles a bit too often for my liking.

After thoroughly trawling through the Forum for hours I came across a post mentioning the Diatech Scotland shop in Perth (Which for some reason I never realised was there ??????). So after much thought, I have plumbed for a Sigma 3C and 'I AM LOVING IT' :)

With my first little practice in the house with a 600 x 300 grade 5 porcelain tile I halved it again and again until I had a 30mm wide and then, Yes, you guessed it, I halved it again. Unbelievable, a 15mm strip on a 600 long tile - I am loving the Sigma!

Woo Hoo ;-)

S

Stewart

Glad you found something you like...... Diatec is where I bought all my cutters from.

H

hillhead

The sigma 3C is my main cutter and had been now for over 4 years since i upped from a 3B !
I also have the 3D which is 93cm,brilliant too.
Good luck with it,did you get a case with it from Diatech?

Reaction score
No, didn't get the case - but the handle that they supply is very good.

Bizarrely enough, I have had a Montolit 52 since I started tiling and I have only used it for mosaics, so it is virtually brand new - Now it has been superceeded with my Sigma so I'm not sure what to do with that ?

Reply to Thank You - Thank You - Thank You ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen