Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Thank you Dan in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

just want to say thank you to @Dan for working tirelessly over the past few days to get the forum up and running again!
Cheers Dan!!
happy-thumb-up-045.gif

B

Bill

May I take it that you are hosting this yourself Dan? Surely it can't be too expensive to have it professionally hosted?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
May I take it that you are hosting this yourself Dan? Surely it can't be too expensive to have it professionally hosted?
Christ no! You couldn't get the connection speeds we need across the network on a domestic line. Upload speeds are shocking even if you have 150MB/sec download lol

We're hosted in France on Teir 3 backbone (faster than what we get in the UK) and use a server management firm based in Italy, who are experienced in small-business DDoS attack prevention and monitoring. As we've had a bit of that in the past. And we use a range of software and hardware based all around the globe to ensure we stay online.

Problem is, we have one SSD that we load content from, and no slave (it wouldnt work the way we are setup) so when that fails, it's end of posting!

We've managed to load from it, and have cut back on cron jobs, taken backups offsite, done a few other tricks.

Our hosting costs in the region of £450 per month per domain! Hence me shutting down the 22 or so forums that I hosted but didn't use and nobody visited much lol

We couldn't host on cheap hosting. We'd never be online.

Reply to Thank you Dan in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks