Search the forum,

Discuss Terracotta sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perry

Someone asked how good the sealer i use on terracotta was so i put this cooking oil and egg on the tile 48 hours ago sent them pics and they are coming round later to pick up just run it under the tap lol :thumbsup:
pjc-albums-pete-picture46247-a.jpg
pjc-albums-pete-picture46246-20121016-140936.jpg

pjc-albums-pete-picture46252-20121017-120714.jpg

S

Stonebro2

Is it breathable - only problem I have had with resin type sealers is if there is a leak or damp and water gets underneath ?

S

Stonebro2

Yes I know but only problems I have had with Terracotta the past is if I have used Resin type sealers - used to fix a fair bit for Paris Ceramics - what a licence to print that was - just that type of Terracotta Pammet you show they are problematic feckers from an efflorescence point of view - a couple of fixers we passed work to where using yacht varnish and I remember a couple of problems they had with efflorescence coming up underneath - how to get the varnish off?! I think they used wire wool and nitromors - not nice.
Anything I finish Terracotta with, must have a remover that will take it off. Double Boiled Linseed has always served me well, and can be thinned with genuine real Turpentine will post a pic in a minute also LTP antique oil and finished with antique brown briwax

Attachments

• english antique pammets 4.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 46
S

Stonebro2

EasyTerracotta.jpg My favourite Terracotta of all time - pre glazed at factory expensive circa £80 a sq.metre but so quick to lay

P

Perry

and you put a fried egg cheese butter on that floor it will mark ? this sealer is only made up with oils and waxs

Reply to Terracotta sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen