Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss tanking membrane............... in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

Qwerty

What weight will that membrane hold on the walls

30kg per m2

Screenshot_20180210-120219.jpg

Q

Qwerty

dont like the idea off relying solely bonding on to the matting ...ie say 10mm large format porcelian ...mapei gum and taped corners would have been plenty

And the former and drain? How would you propose to tank those?

Have you ever tried it?

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
yeah used it on formers and their trays ..good stuff ...but as said overkill up the walls imo...prefer direct bond to the base material especially for big heavy porc etc

Q

Qwerty

yeah used it on formers and their trays ..good stuff ...but as said overkill up the walls imo...prefer direct bond to the base material especially for big heavy porc etc

Even in the wet zone? and in contradiction of their recommended fitting instructions?

That's obviously where our workmanship differs

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
never had to go back to a wet room for ingress issues yet in25 years...i know my standards and so do my customers..thats why i am always busy ,,

Q

Qwerty

Sincere apologies to the OP @Stevev , somebody went off on a little tangent.

In short it is a great product and easy to use. You've seen two examples of it being used correctly & successfully and also read another members interpretation of its application.

Let us know how you get on

Reply to tanking membrane............... in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks