Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss tanking membrane............... in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

T

Time's Ran Out

E6E0029A-93F3-4F2F-81A8-3259D5FAF2BB.jpeg
552140DA-BBDE-4831-9B69-244DD9C042AE.jpeg
I like it!

Q

Qwerty

just wondered why its needs to be full height ..

Because it's a wet room, and things get wet. I FULLY tank the whole shower area and anywhere the splash could reach as per the manufacturers (Impey) recommendations -

Screenshot_20180209-230607.jpg

Why fit the tanking in contradiction of the manufacturers instructions, charging the customer for a professional installation yet possibly leaving them with no guarantee just to save some time/ money.

D

Dumbo

Because it's a wet room, and things get wet. I FULLY tank the whole shower area and anywhere the splash could reach as per the manufacturers (Impey) recommendations -

View attachment 96665

Why fit the tanking in contradiction of the manufacturers instructions, charging the customer for a professional installation yet possibly leaving them with no guarantee just to save some time/ money.
What weight will that membrane hold on the walls

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
dont like the idea off relying solely bonding on to the matting ...ie say 10mm large format porcelian ...mapei gum and taped corners would have been plenty

Reply to tanking membrane............... in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock