Search the forum,

Discuss Super Dooper Rapid Set.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

danmasey

A big part of my job is response maintenance for social housing so i often get jobs of fallen, defected or cracked tiles. I can travel up to 50 miles to refit 3 tiles behind a cooker or wash hand basin. (Hey its not my diesel or time). So often the surveyor will want it completed on one visit. Im wondering if there is anything quicker than rapid set i can use so that i can grout within 30 mins max and the tiles wont move.

PS i def cant use ready mixed tile & grout. Any other suggestions? Im sure some of you have been in the same situation. 1 or 2 tile's in a short space of time.

Thanks

D

DHTiling

Bal vari-set... dries in mins without the retarder.. and i means mins.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Bal vari-set... dries in mins without the retarder.. and i means mins.. :)

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Bloody good stuff as well.

the bottle (retardant) lasts for about 5 bags......if used.

ONLY comes in grey. Unfortunately.

Reaction score
Tile Flair in Longwell Green Bristol keep Variset XP in stock and trade price is 33% off retail. Of course you may still get caught out from time to time... you can accelerate setting of any adhesive by controlling temperature of mix - in hot water and mixing at high speeds can make a difference, but only mix small amounts, and setting times for rapid sets done this way can be just a few minutes (and you will get caught out sometimes when it sets before you can use it). And of course ambient temperature can be a problem. At this time of year I sometimes store a bag of adhesive near a radiator overnight, then wrap it to retain temp of addy as you travel to site.

B

bugs183

In the winter i always carry a small electric fan heater and a hot air gun, these help set the adhesive and dry the grout out.

Reply to Super Dooper Rapid Set.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen