Search the forum,

Discuss spray on sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

was in my local suppliers yesterday and a tiler came in and got some tile sealer,in an aerosol, never seen it before, the tiler said it was brilliant and quick, but knowing of his work i have my suspiscions. Has anybody used it? and if so, is it as brilliant as he says?

D

david campbell

had a customer who insisted on using it themselves,never put my hands on it though they claimed it would seal there tiles and grout for life Mmmm! guess where it was purchased(little clue -everyones favourite diy store!):rant:

D

Daz

Are we talking sealguard? It's okay for sealing grout lines but I wouldn't recommend for more than 12 months life.

Really does stink too, so open all the windows before use.

D

david campbell

your probably right!! i only offered the customer advice on not to use it,but was spoken to like an idiot and assured this was the best of stuff!!(from b&q) ha ha!!!

W

White Room

I used it because a tile shop recomended to the lady so it was the best thing since sliced bread as far as she was concerned:smash:

D

david campbell

gullable-we should tell customers to look it up in the dictionary(cos it isn't actually there) lol

R

Rob Z

Hi Doug,

A year ago or so there was a bunch of talk about this sealer over at the John Bridge site. Guys were saying there were a lot of reports of people getting extremely sick from the aerosol propellant in the can. They also said the sealer was lousy. I don't recall the name of the stuff but it sure sounds the same as what you are describing.

T

TilingLogistics

Well here goes and you don't often hear this from me. I have tried four different ones and they are all rubbish ................. Wait for it...............
Including the Aqua Mix one.

For a sealant to be efffective it has to reach the surface it is meant to be protecting! How can that happen when its being sprayed 50% of it is dispersed somewhere in the atmosphere another 25% drops on the floor if you are trying to seal walls. This stuff is a DIY product meant to fool the public and IMO no pro tiler should bother.

Kev

Reply to spray on sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen