Search the forum,

Discuss split face mosiacs.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
got a customer that wants these split face mosiac in a kitchen, tried to advice against them as i cant see how you can finish round the sockets with the different levels, anyone ever fitted these in a kitchen before..? cant see it working myself,be a nightmare to keep clean, but would be intrested to here if anyone has used them in kitchens, and how it worked out...
L40435_1_041109.jpg

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I can't see how they'd work either to be honest!?! How about a compromise? Put those behind the hob/cooker, and find a matching tile for the rest of the splashback.. ;)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Never used them in a kitchen or even in a bathroom where water would come directly into contact with them. There would be too much bacteria knocking about for my liking, but if that's what the customer wants.

D

DHTiling

Customers hey!....
duh.gif
.... and the tiler has to make it look good..
hairpull.gif
... i sometimes think ..
reaction.gif

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
You can do it and get the sockets level if you grind them all to the same level. Sort of rebating the tiles if you like, fiddly but it looks good, i've done it once, I just marked them out then just used my normal cutting disc etc. All extra money :hurray:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You can do it and get the sockets level if you grind them all to the same level. Sort of rebating the tiles if you like, fiddly but it looks good, i've done it once, I just marked them out then just used my normal cutting disc etc. All extra money :hurray:

or i could just tell her to pick another tile...:lol:

B

Bubblecraft

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to split face mosiacs.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen