Search the forum,

Discuss splashback prep on plaster walls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RodgerQ

just redone the kitchen there and am about to tile the splashback. it was plastered about a year and a half ago and just emulsioned so i got the good ole DA out and sanded the emulsion off back to the plaster.

my question is do i need to prime the plaster before tiling onto it or can i just wipe it down to get rid of the dust from sanding and go for it? its only small brick effect tiles so low weight. also i was just gony get some unibond tub adhesive from b&q as its handy, would this be ok for the job?

thanks

rodgerq

R

RodgerQ

yeah i can no bother. any suggestions? what about the plaster? ok to tile onto or need primed first?

thanks

rodgerq

W

White Room

Check with the brand you buy, some say prime others say no need.

Don't over apply to the walls with the adhesive, it could skin over on the surface and make fixing weak

R

RodgerQ

yeah i just do a little at a time as im not very experienced/quick. been on the NE tiling course so ive got a good idea what im doin, i just like to be sure, nothing worse than doin a job twice.

rodgerq

U

united

That unibond stuff from B&Q is expensive and not very nice to work with, if you have a Tile Giant near you then call in and they will help you out with what you need

Reply to splashback prep on plaster walls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen