Search the forum,

Discuss soucing materials... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

Is there one place you go when sourcing materials other than tiles and adhesives? Like timber and materials the tile shops don't stock? Or do you guys shop around and end up driving here n there for the cheapest? Cheers

W

White Room

I have local suppliers who I shop with, used to order stuff like Marmox but have N&C nearby who supply there brand...

R

RDTiling

I try to use local suppliers and builders merchants where possible, as it saves an 18 mile round trip to Tradepoint. Also they are generally a bit cheaper too.

R

RDTiling

You've also got to weigh up, whether travelling around for 30-40 minutes to save a couple of quid is really worth it, particularly with the price of diesel!

M

Mr Tiler

Thanks guys I only ask as I have a b&q no more than a mile from me, seems mad to go anywhere else but dam it can be well overpriced for some things. Also a tile choice round the corner ;) other tile stores I know of are the other side of the city when I'm up and running I'll be sat outside all day in me van los. Cheers

R

RDTiling

The way I look at it is that time spent travelling is better spent working, particularly on a Friday. You can't beat a cheeky early finish on a Friday.

R

RDTiling

They can be Ash for certain things. Once you are set up, get yourself in these places and get a Trade account setup. I've got several accounts with various suppliers, but only really use a couple of them.

Always worth having as you never know when you might need to drop into a supplier you wouldn't normally use to pick up some last minute materials.

M

Mr Tiler

Topps asked me if I was trade when pricing up some tiles... I said yes and the guy wanted proof... He said he wanted something on A4 I just walked out.

Reply to soucing materials... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen