Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Some water jet companies not good ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

Leatherface

Mentioned a water jet company on a prev thread ! This job in picture involved tiling a bathroom and wet floor, and also a cupboard made by a joiner, as the cupboard had a lot of thin strips to be cut for the face I asked the tile shop to cut them with their water jet cutter ( at branch in Harrogate ) Well you have never seen such a mess, every single strip was a diff size, although I gave them exact measurements. Ended up cutting myself. So a water jet machine is no good in wrong hands.
Picture is of un-finished job, in case anyone mentions lack of grouting on floor.

Attachments

• Image000.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 26
C

Colour Republic

looks like a lovely job but couldn't they have used a stainless steel waste on a job like that?

D

david campbell

hope thats your mobile and not the one that disappeared of the job lol!:yes:

L

Leatherface

Mosaic Wet Floor was a bit of a beggar. Mosaic tiles were 5mm thinner than adjoining tiles, also where wet tray met adjoining floor at either end ( the adjoining floor dropped off by 10 mm either side). Had to construct my own fall with addy at perimeter & and at each end. Customer did not want shower screen, so had to be 100 % that water would run back into drain

C

Colour Republic

I think a wet room without a screen does look good but personally I think they aren't that practical if the room is cold, as soon as the shower is turned off I shiver like mad, at least with some sort of screen the heat is localised so your body has time to adjust to changing temperatures

Reply to Some water jet companies not good ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks