Search the forum,

Discuss Some opinions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Evening all, I've done this chimney breast feature in my living room and am almost ready to grout, I'm in two mind whether to just go with a standard mid-grey or do something a bit different such as limestone. I know what the grey will look like but have never seen slate with a light colour, what do you think? Anyone got any pics? The paint on the walls next to it is going to be a light brown cappuccino (muddy puddle from dulux is its proper name!).

Sent via Tapatalk for iPad

I

Ian

516d4b53-0b6f-561b.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Oooooo I'm unsure. I'm always shyte at this sort of thing and regret the colour I chose so I leave it to the Mrs then I can blame her and change it. lol

Is it worth doing a few tiles on a board and testing the lighter one out. You probably already know what grey and anything darker would look like I'd guess?

Then offer the board up to the wall and get the Mrs in to check?

Love the work though, well done mate.

I

Ian

Oooooo I'm unsure. I'm always shyte at this sort of thing and regret the colour I chose so I leave it to the Mrs then I can blame her and change it. lol

Is it worth doing a few tiles on a board and testing the lighter one out. You probably already know what grey and anything darker would look like I'd guess?

Then offer the board up to the wall and get the Mrs in to check?

Love the work though, well done mate.

Yeah I'm really unsure, we all know the grey is the safe option but, I really want it to be a stand out feature. I've not got enough of the slate left to do a sample board, it took nearly a week to cut and lay this so I don't want to **** it up! I've had my colour chart out of the van but the little sample strips don't give you much of an idea what the whole thing will look like.

I

Ian

I suppose if it looks cack I could get the colour liquid out! I'd rather get it right first time though! Maybe I should have added a poll, then I could pass the blame if it goes wrong :lol:

Reply to Some opinions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen