Search the forum,

Discuss Slc Depth UFH and Ditra questions. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattyg

Hiya Folks,

Ok I may be over thinking this.

I need to level the floor upto to the Wedi fundo 40mm.

10mm Wedi board leaving 30mm still

so if we SLC 20mm then UFH (raychem is self adhesive) then slc again 4-5mm then adhesive and Ditra mat that should bring us up to 40mm Give or take a mm or 2 as the Fundo is on adhesive.

Does that sound about right.

Raychem's UFH is designed to go directly under tiles but only 4-5mm SLC should be fine. My issue is if we put it under 25mm of SLC will we ever get the tiles warm.

So yay or nay

Cheers folks

Matt

P.s Can anyone confirm whether Tile giant do Ditra matting

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mattyg

Too late bought it already.

To be honest we kinda had it all planned until we removed the old floorboards and tried to fix the deflection. Been a bit of a pain to say the least. Plus the floor is about 30mm out across most of the 3m seems to level about 2/3rds accross. Damn old houses.

So any bigger and we may have issues at the far end.

Hence why I'm thinking 10mm board the SLC so at least the final part of fixing the substrate will be level.

P.s To add we did look at levelling the floor by sistering???? The joists to bring level but ALL the plumbing would have to be removed and refitted (boiler directly underneath in Kitchen) and that would have been a massive job

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mattyg

Thanks, I hope I can get it from CTD then but my OH uncle is on holiday so cant ask him until thurs

Reply to Slc Depth UFH and Ditra questions. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen