Search the forum,

Discuss slate over concrete? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Pro help please...

i have a large outside area 6msq approximately...ive just had a concrete slab pored by professional company (two weeks) and got a nice finish and fall, its clean and dry.

i want to tile in natural slate, ive done a few tests and a bed of 12- 15mm gives full tile coverage without buttering but the tests ive done i can get up after 24h..i have used both a sand and cement 1-1 mix with an additive as well as a proper tile adhesive.

my question is do i need to seal the slab with a PVA type product before attempting tilting? the tiles look pretty dust free before you ask.

thanks in advance

Reply to slate over concrete? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen