Search the forum,

Discuss Site work!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Was asked to do some site work a while back and finally after some head bashing , I decided to pull the developers out of a hole! Started today and what a load of bol****! Soon as I opened the door I hated it, waterproof chipboard floors , with no overlay of any sort going on top of the floors! Builder says we just tile directly to it, never had any bother with them! Shower walls painted with emulsion , floors downstairs coated with dust after the painters were in! Joiners and plumbers in around your feet , disaster wanted to walk away, but I'll have a word tomorrow then walk away after the first house is done! Couldn't be bothered with that give me domestic work any day!

I

Ian

Depends how well run the sites are, sounds like you've got a bad one. Tell them what you want and advise them how things should be done and see what they say. I'm doing 5 houses at the moment and the developer is sound, listens to everything I say and 9 times out of 10 just let's me get on with it.

Reaction score
Funny loads of builders are like this ! i think they /most of them are aware of the wrong ways but choose to turn a blind eye, so as to save money, and remember they will have you the tiler as there excuse ,by telling the judge you were doing the tiling and you should have known that you had a duty of care to do the job the right way...... you break the law by not doing it right at your own peril .......

Reaction score
Onsite next week in Worksop, Builders wanted me to tile onto gloss window sills and reveals! A quick word and no problem.

I turned up at the Marriott Hotel, Canary Wharf to start tiling on there refurbishment of the 'Curve bar'
Builders had a tonne of sand sat on the floor which i was to tile!

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As the week progressed things got better, just told the foreman that I can't tile in their with a plumber and joiner working also , I'll just go home! 30 mins later everything was sorted! A lot of builders don't seem to be up to speed with tiling specs !

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
This week im tiling a bathroom that belongs to the boss of a local building firm,Hes got his own tilers but when i asked why i was doing it he said he didnt trust his guys quality !!! They prepped the room for me and i spent the first day and a half re-prepping-1 wall had 6 mm hardi dot and dabbed and the t n g chipboard floor had 4 mm ply screwed to it :incazzato:.In all fairness he had no issues with me doing it my way though.

Reply to Site work!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen