Search the forum,

Discuss Site work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi,
Im thinking of doing some site work,but wondered once I get a CSCS card, do you think I will have to show any certificates etc to gain the work?,a mate of mine rekons where he works, as long as you do a good job at a good speed, thats all they seem to worry about.
Whats your views on this folks.
Cheers.
Vinnie.

M

martinw

every site is different my freind, some sites are like that and some sites are using the CSCS. if you have a skilled CSCS card then you wont need any certificates, you card will have "skilled - Wall and Floor Tiler" however 2010 all sites are gona be doing the CSCS by law. the more time that goes on the more sites will take up the CSCS but there are some many people out here at the minute who dont have a skilled card a lot of sites are trying to stay without for as long as they can s!!o they can get staff easier.

hope that helps!

G

Gazzer

I am working on site at the moment but no card. I was asked but they werent too bothered

B

bluevin123

Cheers guys for the great info,I think I ll get a CSCS card just in case,what kind of money do you think I could expect a day,based in the Herts, Beds or even London areas?
Thanks again.
Vinnie.

M

martinw

Hello!

well thats a million dollar question? being from the north east i would say about 10 pence an hour, i honestly dont know about down south but im sure someone will tell you, i did hear of silly day rates being paid for the final fix on terminal 5 (heathrow) like £500 per day, but obviously those jobs dont happen every day do they?

if they did i would change my job and go and get a van and a rubi tilecutter

Reply to Site work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen