Search the forum,

Discuss Silicone Smear On Grout. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
20160715_153704.jpg

I used Weber grey grout and Weber grey silicone. I used a profiling tool to tool the silicone. I then noticed that the grout would not dry on the horizontal grout line within the shower. Obviously I have smeared a thin layer of silicone across the grout and it has gone a bit shiny!

I don't know if this will dry out, but it has messed up my job and i'm not happy. I've been paid, but have told the customer that if its like that tomorrow I will come back and sort it out.

I did not want to muck around with the silicone whilst it was still wet.

Has this happened to anyone?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Give it time that'll dry out id guess but if needs be tomorrow take a Stanley to it and show it who's boss.

I

Italy

it happened to me once
much acetic silicone. the grout absorbs (anointed silicone) for me Do not dry.
I prefer neutral silicone, to avoid problems.
I hope you solve the problem;)

J

J Sid

yes may dry lighter, but when the shower is used it will stay dark longer than the rest

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Could you mask round and cotton bud a smear of gel / silicon remover over this and wipe away, as Julian , will this have blead slightly into the grout, hopefully will lift with the blade

Reply to Silicone Smear On Grout. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen